Saturday, September 1, 2012

Designer Reveal

Hi there!

Can I tell you I had so much fun working with this month's kit!  The gals gave me My Mind's eye, Indie Chic - Ginger to work with.  This is a great collection with so many fun embellies, there is something that  will appeal to everyone.

Here is a peek at some of the goodies that came in my kit.....

 
 
  Aren't these papers amazing!

 Sticker tags and 3d stickers, oh my!

 Great die cut tags for titles!
 Amazing Washi tape!
 Sweet wooden elements!
 And oh so cute garlands!

But there is even more in the collection, like buttons, stamps, twine, bling and even more stickers and die cuts!  Does it get any better?  Why yes it does!  This collection is available in 4 colour schemes ~ ginger as shown above, saffron, citron and nutmeg!  A colour combo for just about any occasion!

Now have a look at what I created with this fab kit.....

 This first layout I kept pretty simple, I really wanted this photo of my hubby and I to be the focus of the layout.  It's not often we get a (good) picture of us together!  Anyway, I used the chevron pattern of the paper to hand cut a larger chevron strip.  In case you are keeping count, I used 7 different pattern papers in this layout and it doesn't look busy at all.  It is all about scale.
 Isn't the garland so sweet.... there is so much you can do with it.  And the wooden element is a personal fav, not to mention the washi tape.
I used one of my dies to cut this cut doily and kept the rest of my embellies simple with these two 3d flags.


 Next up is this photo of the four of us ScrapMuch? gals and our friend Lee  at Elaine's baby shower for Falyn.

(from left to right- Eileen (the other designer and computer programming guru, Lee, me, Anita (ScrapMuch? co owner) and Elaine (ScrapMuch? co owner) with her new babe, Falyn)

As soon as I saw this collection, I knew it would be perfect for this photo!
 I used the garland a little differently on this layout and added a custom button to it made with some pattern paper and my Epiphany Button Studio.
 I hand cut a couple of flowers from one of the papers and then created a third flower by cutting several leaves from another paper and sticking them all together.
These fun 3d stickers make a great title.

 I liked the feel of these papers, sort of funky but elegant, to do a layout of my hubby and I and the limo we rented for our anniversary.  I didn't have a great close up photo of this day but with the over sized banners it fills in some of the white space.... leaving just enough white space empty.  This layout is a little different for me - something I am trying to challenge myself to do more regularly, just to see what I can create.
 Layering washi tape, garland, a 3d sticker and a punched butterfly over top of the banners finish them off nicely.
 Again I went with the chevron pattern in the paper to create a chevron strip.  Love this .... gives you more flexibility with the papers.
A die cut tag is the perfect title, some twine and another butterfly along with a sticker embellish the bottom of the layout.

There, as you can see I had a lot of fun with this collection.  I have already purchased one of the other colours and look forward to getting the rest of it!   It is all currently available from the store, and you should grab it while you can.  Challenge yourself to create something a little different too!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. This collection is absolutely gorgeous and the layouts you created are beautiful ! Love the mix of colors and patterns !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts! I really love the arrow (as the body) on the butterfly on your last layout! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! So many inspiring aspects to each layout. I'm a huge fan of the cluster of pennants on the last one --- so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a greta kit and your layouts are fab!!!

    ReplyDelete