Wednesday, October 31, 2012

3D Start Tutorial

Hi there!

I thought these little 3D stars would be fun to make and would also be a great accent to a masculine project.

Here's the how to...

First you want to die cut the star in the size of your choice.  This one is 2" and was cut with my Cricut.
 Now flip it over and use your ScorePal or any scoring device yo have, to score from each point, down to the intersection between each point.


 Keep working your way around the star until it ends up looking like this.
 This is the top view.
 To keep it 3 dimensional add some foam adhesive to the inside, I put mine 2 thick.
 Now make a few more, I made one 2" star and two 1.5 " stars.
 And here is a card I created using these fun stars, and some of Studio Calico's Yearbook collection.


 And here are a few close up shots.


Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I will definitely try this for some of my future layouts! Thank you for a great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun ... I'll definitely be doing this on a project soon!

    ReplyDelete