Thursday, November 1, 2012

November Reveal ~ Echo Park


 Hi there!

I am sharing a few projects today that I created using Echo Park's For the Record collection.



  I wish my photos were better but with the storm going on here. we haven't had any sun for days.  I will definitely have to retake these at a later date.  But I do love the colours in this collection, the bright blues, yellows and greens are so pretty together and just perfect for every day photos of every day moments.  Like feeding a chipmunk or flying a kite.

 These paper are just perfect for this photo of my youngest feeding a chipmunk, I couldn't have asked for a better paper match.  However, printing in black and white is always an option to deal with mismatched clothing or photos and papers.

 Do you see these cute little canvas leaves?  Watch for an upcoming tutorial on them.
 Some messy ribbon, for texture and a sticker from the paper pack - like I said just perfect for everyday.



 I do not often use such bright background papers, but I loved this one and the colour was so lovely with these kit flying photos... it really makes all my element pop.  This layout is pretty simple, sometimes clean and simple is fun, but it doesn't have to be boring.  There are still some sweet details to look at.
 Adding buttons, twine and staples are easy - we all have them - and they give the layout just that little bit more.
 The perfect sticker title.
 Stitching is another easy addition to a layout, that adds texture and detail.

 A hand cut flower from a patterned paper pinched a little for dimension and a brad are also easy additions.  Especially if you do not have a lot of coordinating embellishments for your collection.

 Here is an example of how nice black and white photos look on this collection.  Another every day moment - no special occasions in this months scrap pages!
 A couple of little sitckers with brads for added ooph.
 A flower made by rolling ribbon, this one is kept really loose to look more informal.  The punched patterned paper leaves have stitched veins for texture.
 This sticker made a  perfect title, but I wanted it to pop so I mounted it on cardstock, trimmed around it and added pop dots.
 A little cluster with stickers and tiny paper flag and a button.  You can add almost anything to an embellishment cluster.
And more stitching to help give this partial circle of patterned paper a little more presence.

This collection is also perfect for cards as well, like this thank you card created with a sketch I received at the retreat I attended last weekend.  The card sketch was created by Joanne, her sketches are well balanced and nice and clean.


 Again this sticker was mounted on cardstock and popped up for dimension. Ribbon is a simple addition to a card, and stacked buttons are a perfect way to add more colour.

What are you scrapping?  Events or moments?  Events are fun to scrap as that is when the whole family is present, but I have found the moments are really important to my kids.  They love know what they were doing when, and being able to look back and see all of the details is priceless!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pages and beautiful little card! I have a lot of that collection too (anything with cameras on it, I grab!! LOL) Love all your details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects ! I agree, scrapping moments is also one my favorite topics to scrap as it captures time capsules in my kids' lives that we would otherwise probably forget about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing reveal! I love everything you've done with this ... very inspiring ... I love the ribbon folded flower and how you've used a ribbon flourish on the first layout too!!!

    ReplyDelete