Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tutorial Wednesday - Mistables

Hi there!

 Today I am sharing a few tips on using these new DIY Thickers from American Crafts and Mistable shapes from Studio Calico.
 I wanted to show you how fabulous and fun they are for customizing your projects.  Of course, we know they are perfect for the Mr. Huey's mists, but I wanted to try them with a few different mediums.

First up, I tried some Copics on them.  They took the colour great, with good saturation.

Then I tried some basic craft paint, also good coverage.  Although a bit of the texture was lost.

 Next, I tried a stamping ink pad.  After a couple of coats, it also looked good.

 And here is how it looks with Mr. Huey's.
 

Have a look at all the options together.

I must tell you that Mr. Huey's is my favorite, it has great depth of colour while still maintaining the texture of the product.  Next to that the Copics are my favorite.

Have a peek at a couple of projects I used these products on.....
 This layout features the mistable leaves from Studio Calico.

  And this card features the DIY Thickers.

 Isn't it wonderful how easy it is to get the perfect colour of accent to coordinate with your project?

Thanks for joining me for this week's tutorial!

Laura
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Quite interesting to see the different results using the various products. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've demo'd all the different techniques ... i'm with you ... I love how the Mr. Huey's looks!

    ReplyDelete