Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Recycled Valentines Decor - tutorial

Hi there,

I have a new tutorial to share with you today.  This one is super simple.


I love any paper with text on it, so I fell in love with this project immediately.  Plus I love re-using old jars.

To start with you will need a length of paper that fits around the perimeter of your jar of choice, plus about 1/4 inch.  Trim it to 3" tall, or whatever looks best with your jar.  The band for my smaller jar is about 2.5" tall.  Now hand cut or punch  (or use your die cutting machine) to cut a shape in the band, twice.  You will need to sort of eye ball it to determine where to put the second cut out so that when the band is affixed to the jar, you can see through both.

 Now wrap the band around the jar.

 I only applied glue to the very edge of the paper where it will overlap.  That way I have less work to do should I decide to reuse these for another project down the road.

 This is how it looks adhered.


 Next I wrapped a bit of twine around the jar.  You could fancy this up if you choose.  I am a little bit more of a rustic gal, so I went with that.

 This is how they look all lit up!


Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment