Wednesday, June 24, 2015

File Folder Mini Album | Tutorial

Hi there!


Laura here today sharing a fun and easy mini album using a plain office supply file folder. Then of course, we will make it pretty!


Start by laying your file folder wide open onto your table. 


Then fold the bottom up at the 4 inch mark. You will want to score your folds for a nice clean look.
 

Now fold from the left hand side toward the centre, the goal is to have the outer edge of the file folder  aligned with the centre fold. Note - your tabs will go over the centre seam if you are doing htis correctly.


This is a side view for reference.  { Yes it is upside down ;) }


The right side of your file folder will look and fold slightly differently, as this is where the tab is.  Basically you want to fold it over so the section that you have already folded sits nicely over the right side of the folder.


The edges on the left side should all be evenly lined up to one another.


  The right side of the fold / last page will  be wider than the others.


Now for the fun part!  I used some My Mind's Eye "Nostalgia" collection that I had just a few scraps of, as well as some brads, stickers and die cut shapes.  Using one of the larger scraps. I added a panel of patterned paper to the front of my mini album, and layered up some embellishments on it, as well as a scrap of Dear Lizzy ribbon.


I used my largest scrap to cover the back of my album, cutting it an inch wider than I needed it so that I could wrap it around and over the edge of the front of my album.  This turns it into more of a book style album.


Here is the inside view now.


And this is the first two pages, after I decorated them. I added a brown patterned paper matt to  each page.


And the third and fourth pages. The pockets are a super fun way to tuck in mementos from an event or trip.  I did add a bit of adhesive to the right side of the pocket on the fourth page so that anything I decided to tuck in will not fall out the side.


Another look at the front.


The side view, I love a chunky mini album!


This whole project came together really quickly.


I love that I was able to use up some scraps to create this cute project!

Stay crafty!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Laura!! Looks a bit tricky but with your great tutorial even I may make it work ;) Thanks for sharing!! Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete