Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Laura's Monthly Reveal with Amy Tangerine's Better Together Collection & March's Kit Club Reveal

Hi there!  Laura here today and I am sharing my monthly reveal!  I had so much fun creating with this paper pad from Amy Tangerine called Better Together, and super adorable embroidered tags from the Finders Keepers collection!   I also learned a fun lesson!  Even though I thought that these papers were a little outside my comfort zone and possibly not something that I may normally choose to play with - I so loved working with them and what I created!  Go figure!  I guess you really need to just go for it once in a while and expand your shopping horizons!  Like that is hard, lol!! 


on an ADVENTURE


This collection seemed perfect for just about anything, I created my first page to document my family leaving for a cruise.  I used two patterned papers for my base, almost dividing the page in half, then adding in a bit of the top pattern to the bottom border.


I did  a lot of fussy cutting for this page, but since the patterns are sort of like water colour paintings I didn't worry too much about being overly careful about my cutting and kept things really quick and loose.



As well as fussy cutting all of the flowers, I fussy cut this little yellow camera.


And a couple of arrows, which received a water colour paint job, they started out black and white.

Supply List:  Amy Tangerine Better Together paper pad; Amy Tangerine Finders Keepers Embroidered tags; American Crafts cardstock; Leows water colour paints; red and yellow Mr. Huey's; Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Gelatos; Staedtler pen; CTMH button twine; misc. buttons.


believe in yourself

The blues. teals and greens in the collection pad called to me, so I pulled out this photo of my youngest taken this past fall on the first day of school.  He not only started middle school, but in a new town and thus a new school - after being homeschooled for two years.  He had such a great attitude about the year ahead!


I typically start my pages by creating the focal area, layering photos and papers until I get a good idea of where I am heading, but not adhering them to the actual base page.  Then I will take a step back and add mixed media to the background, if I am using any.   On this page, I mixed a chunk of a teal Gelatos with some Ranger Texture Paste and then used a find distressed grid stencil.  I really love the way it turned out!


After die cutting a title and adding journaling, I embellished with a fussy cut typewriter and some brads and a clip from my stash.



Supply List:  Amy Tangerine Better Together paper pad; American Crafts cardstock; Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Gelatos; Ranger Texture Paste; TCW mask (mini sketch grid); Sharpie; Staedtler pen; My Mind's Eye brads; Maya Road clip.

love is a mixtape

It happens every time, one page gets away from me.  I start with a plan, usually drawn out and with really great intentions.  But that one page always has a mind of its own and evolves to something very different than my jumping off point!


This collection has a great patterned paper full of cassettes tapes in the prettiest of colours.  That was the inspiration for the cut file that I created as well as the title.  And then things sort of spiraled out of control form there, and I spent a couple of hours trying to reign things back in! lol!  And although I was drawn to and love the paper with the mini cassette tapes on it, it never really made it to the page.





Regardless, a fun and vibrant page happened so I suppose all is good!

Supply List:  Amy Tangerine Better Together paper pad; American Crafts cardstock; CTMH Ink; Gelatos; Sharpie; Maya Road clip; misc. buttons.

let's choose HAPPINESS


I couldn't resist creating a couple of cards with these sweet embroidered tags.  This first one sports a slightly more masculine colour scheme.

Supply List:  Amy Tangerine Better Together paper pad; Amy Tangerine Finders Keepers Embroidered tags; American Crafts cardstock; CTMH ink; Doodlebug bakers twine; misc. button.

LIFE is better with you


This next card is a little more feminine.

Supply List:  Amy Tangerine Better Together paper pad; Amy Tangerine Finders Keepers Embroidered tags; American Crafts cardstock; CTMH ink; My Mind's Eye bakers twine; misc. button.

I look forward to creating more pages using these great papers!

And now we want to share the contents of March's Kit Club with you!


We are so excited about this My Mind's Eye line, and cannot wait to share how many ways that you can use it with you!

Thanks for visiting today!

1 comment:

  1. LOOOOOVE what you have done here Laura!!! Go girl!!! <3 Anna xo

    ReplyDelete